Heirloom National Pickling Cucumber (3g)
The National Pickling Cucumber, an heirloom from 1924, yields perfect 6 to 7-inch fruits for pickling, a testament to its namesake.
Patriot Seeds brings you 100% heirloom, non-GMO seeds, open-pollinated for sustained growth and harvest.
Our seeds are safely sealed in military-grade Mylar, ensuring a longevity of over 5 years.
Heirloom National Pickling Cucumber Seeds Planting Guide
For a successful National Pickling Cucumber garden:
- Wait for soil temperatures to surpass 50°F, as cucumbers relish warmth.
- Sow your seeds 1 to 1 1/2 inches deep in rows or hills.
- Use black plastic mulch and row covers to protect the plants and warm the soil.
- If starting indoors, sow 3 seeds per 2-inch pot, 3 to 5 weeks before transplanting.
- Transplant gently after the risk of frost has passed.
- Plant every 2 to 3 weeks for a continuous cucumber supply throughout the season.
- Ensure soil fertility and adequate nitrogen, and rotate plantings annually for pest and disease control.
Heirloom National Pickling Cucumber Harvesting Guide
Here's how to get the most from your National Pickling Cucumbers:
- Cucumbers typically reach harvest in about 60 to 70 days.
- Harvest cucumbers early in the morning and refrigerate immediately.
- Large cucumbers can become bitter; yellow ones are past their prime.
- Cut the vine about a 1/2 inch above the fruit during harvest.
- Harvest every other day, ideally, for the highest yields.
Start your journey towards self-sufficiency with Patriot Seeds today!