Heirloom Iceberg Lettuce Seeds (1g)
Dive into a self-reliant lifestyle through home gardening with our Heirloom Iceberg Lettuce Seeds.
These non-GMO seeds from by Patriot Seeds, offer you the chance to grow your own crisp, refreshing lettuce right in your backyard.
Packaged in durable, military-grade Mylar, these seeds can be safely stored for over 5 years.
Heirloom Lettuce Iceberg Seeds Planting Guide
Get your Iceberg Lettuce growing adventure started:
- These seeds prefer cooler climates.
- Expect maturity around 75 days post planting.
- Directly sow the seeds 1 inch apart as soon as soil is workable.
- If starting indoors, plant 3 to 4 weeks before transplanting.
- For outdoor planting, space seedlings 6 to 10 inches apart in rows 12 to 18 inches apart.
Heirloom Lettuce Iceberg Harvesting Guide
When it's time to enjoy your home-grown lettuce:
- Leaf lettuce is typically ready 50 to 60 days after planting.
- Crisphead varieties should be harvested as soon as a head develops.
- If you see seed stalks, promptly harvest and store the lettuce to avoid bitterness.
- Clean your harvest, allow to dry, then store in a cool, high humidity