Walla Walla Onion Seeds (.5g)
Enrich your garden with the charming and versatile Walla Walla Onions, originating from the delightful city of Walla Walla in Washington state. They're renowned for their exceptional sweetness, making them a delightful addition to any meal.
Patriot Seeds offers 100% heirloom, non-GMO Walla Walla Onion Seeds that are open-pollinated, allowing you to grow, harvest, and replant continuously. These seeds are safely packaged in military-grade Mylar for longevity, ensuring more than 5 years of storage.
To successfully grow your Walla Walla Onions:
- Begin your planting journey after the final frost or start seeds indoors 6 to 10 weeks earlier.
- Await the emergence of seedlings, typically within 7 to 14 weeks.
- Space your seeds 3 to 4 inches apart in rows 1 to 2 inches apart, narrowing the distance for scallion harvesting.
- Select a sunny location that did not host onions in the prior year.
- Thin the seedlings to 3 inches apart when they reach 1 to 2 inches tall.
- Keep your garden weed-free and maintain regular watering, especially during bulb formation.
- Nourish your plants with fertilizer 6 weeks post-planting.
Around 100 days post-sowing, your Walla Walla Onions will be ready for harvest:
- Extract the onion bulbs and cover with foliage to avoid sun damage. Let them dry in the garden for a week.
- Afterwards, bring your onions indoors to cure for 2 to 3 weeks in a warm, dry, well-ventilated spot.
- Once cured, store the onions in a mesh bag or pantyhose in a cool, dry location.
Embark on your journey towards self-sufficiency and food sovereignty with Patriot Seeds today!