Heirloom Table Queen Winter Acorn Squash Seeds (4g)
Table Queen Winter Acorn Squash is known for its vigorous vines, medium-sized, dark olive-green, acorn-shaped fruits, and sweet, dry, golden-yellow flesh that's perfect for baking.
These 100% heirloom, non-GMO seeds produce productive and compact plants. With proper care, you can expect a harvest in around 80 days. The seeds remain viable for 5+ years in cool and dry storage conditions.
Getting your Table Queen Winter Acorn Squash off to a thriving start:
- Plant after frost, when soil reaches around 70°F.
- Sow 1/2 to 1 inch deep in hills or rows, 4 to 5 seeds per hill.
- Maintain 4 to 8 feet between hills, depending on squash size.
- At 2 to 3 inches tall, thin to 2 to 3 plants per hill. In rows, thin to 18 to 36 inches.
- Use 2 to 3-inch pots or cells 3 to 4 weeks before transplanting, 3 or 4 seeds per pot.
- Reduce watering and temperature before moving outdoors.
- Mulch to help retain moisture and suppress weeds.
- Mound soil around the base to discourage squash borers.
Enjoy the best of your Table Queen Winter Acorn Squash with these tips:
- Look for light green-yellow stems, indicating full ripeness.
- Cut, not pull, the fruit from the plant, leaving 2 to 3 inches of stem.
- Proper cutting may enhance sugar content.
Seed Saving Guide
- Take care with insect pollination, as cross-pollination with similar varieties can occur.
- Barriers can reduce isolation distance.
- Treat like winter storage squashes and pumpkins, allowing summer squash to harden.
- Harvest (after-ripening) rinse, and dry seeds; screens can help with cleaning.
Explore the delightful taste and productive growth of Table Queen Winter Acorn Squash – an excellent keeper for your garden!