Long Red Narrow Cayenne Pepper Seeds (.5g)
Add a dash of heat to your garden with the Long Red Narrow Cayenne Pepper.
100% heirloom and non-GMO, our seeds are open-pollinated so you can grow, harvest, and replant for seasons to come. They also store for over 5 years so you can plant them now or down the road.
Here's your simple guide to growing Long Red Narrow Cayenne peppers:
- This variety thrives in full sunlight.
- It reaches maturity in about 80 days.
- Start indoors, sowing the seeds between 8 and 10 weeks prior to the last frost.
- Plant seeds 1/4 inch deep, with a spacing of 12 to 18 inches.
- As the seedlings develop indoors, ensure they're placed in a warm and sunny area.
- After the last frost, wait 2 to 3 weeks before setting plants outdoors.
- Transplant seedlings 2 inches deep and 12 to 18 inches apart, creating rows 24 to 36 inches apart in raised beds.
Reap the fruits of your labor with these Cayenne pepper harvesting tips:
- Harvest peppers when they're firm, shiny, and have a crisp texture.
- Use garden shears to clip the fruits to prevent plant damage.
- Store fresh peppers at 50°F with at least 90% humidity, when possible.
- Keep peppers separate from other fruits and vegetables during storage, as peppers are ethylene-sensitive.
Embark on your journey towards self-reliance and food independence with Patriot Seeds today!