Heirloom Georgia Southern Collards Seeds
Georgia Southern Collards, kin to cabbage and kale, are a staple in southern cuisine.
These 100% heirloom, non-GMO seeds from Patriot Seeds are open-pollinated, ensuring a continuous cycle of growth, harvest, and replanting.
Packaged in durable military-grade Mylar, these seeds maintain a lifespan of over 5 years.
Start your Georgia Southern Collards successfully with these guidelines:
- This variety prefers cooler climates, so plant in early spring or late summer.
- Till the soil to a depth of 8" prior to planting.
- Sow the seeds 2 to 4" apart in rows 2' apart, and lightly cover with 1/4" of fine soil.
- Though they prefer full sun, these collards will tolerate partial shade. Expect a growth period between 40-65 days.
Maximize your Georgia Southern Collards yield with these tips:
- Harvest when the foliage reaches between 6 to 8" long, approximately 40 to 65 days after sowing.
- You can harvest just the lower leaves or the entire plant before the leaves toughen.
- The flavor is best after a light frost.
Take a big step on your food independence journey with Georgia Southern Collards from Patriot Seeds!