Little Finger Carrot Seeds (1g)
Little Finger Carrot Seeds from Patriot Seeds introduce a delightful crunch to your table.
Open-pollinated, non-GMO, and 100% heirloom, these seeds let you enjoy a constant cycle of growth, harvest, and replanting.
Sealed in military-grade Mylar, they remain viable for over 5 years.
To successfully cultivate Little Finger Carrots:
- Choose a sunny location as carrots thrive in full sun.
- Start sowing the seeds 2-3 weeks before your region's last frost in spring.
- Plant the seeds 1/2" deep and 1/2" apart, in rows 12 to 24 inches apart. Be sure to work the soil deeply and ensure a weed-free seedbed for optimal results.
- Thin the plants to a spacing of 1-4 inches once they are 2 inches tall to minimize competition.
- For an extended harvest period, sow more seeds every three weeks until midsummer, and for a fall harvest, sow 10-12 weeks before the first frost.
Here's how to reap a bountiful yield of Little Finger Carrots:
- Begin harvesting when the carrots display a bright orange hue, typically about 60 days post-planting.
- Use a hand trowel for small harvests, being mindful to avoid damaging the carrots. For larger harvests, a pitchfork or shovel along the row's side works best.
- Lift the carrot tops and shake off any soil from the roots.
Enjoy self-reliance and food sovereignty with your Little Finger Carrots from Patriot Seeds!