Jalapeno Hot Pepper Seeds (.5g)
Enjoy the spicy thrill of growing your own jalapenos with our premium pepper seeds.
Our jalapeno seeds, sourced from Patriot Seeds, are 100% heirloom and non-GMO, promising a natural and authentic growing experience. The seeds are open-pollinated, allowing you to cultivate, harvest, and replant your jalapeno crop season after season.
These robust plants are friendly to most growing regions and offer versatile use. Enjoy your jalapenos fresh, dry them, or freeze for long-term storage.
For a successful jalapeno harvest:
- Start plants indoors about 8 to 10 weeks before transplanting, except in the deep South.
- Transplant 2 to 3 weeks after the last frost.
- Seedlings should emerge after 10 to 21 days. Ensure they get plenty of light.
- Harden the young plants by moving them to a sheltered location outside for a week before transplanting.
- Transplant to a location that gets full sun. Set plants 18 inches apart in rows spaced 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Ensure weeds are kept under control and plants are well-watered.
Reap the fiery rewards of your jalapeno peppers:
- Peppers are usually harvested when they are smooth and green. As they mature, jalapenos begin to turn red. However, hot peppers may be harvested at any stage.
- Cut the pepper from the plant with a sharp knife or pruning shears, leaving a small part of the stem attached.
- To dry the peppers, string mature peppers together and hang in a warm, shaded place to dry.
Declare your food independence and grow your own heat with our jalapeno seeds today!